“Happiness can only be real when shared.”
– Chris McCandless
When your weekend was just so good that happiness saturates the rest of your week.
- An epic weekend part I: getting to hang out with my crazy beautiful family in Houston, seeing my favorite aunt and uncle, and celebrating Chris & Linda’s wedding
with two bowls of ice cream! Love you guys – to a thousand years and more.
- Part II: having the weirdest travel plans for a ‘first trip’ if there ever was one (and realizing that separate travel is no longer an option from here on out); an introduction to the family; and a little hoop action. There is just something really great about seeing others’ happiness. #BleedOrange
- …And part III: being reminded what truly thoughtful, caring, and loving parents you have. While this is no surprise, there are times when they remind you the kind of people and parents they are – ones that you look up to and can only hope to someday emulate.
- Starting a trial week at NYHRC – read, NYC gym with a pool – and surprisingly being open to change afterwards. Let me reiterate: an affordable Manhattan gym…WITH A POOL. Tell me you don’t feel refreshed after a post-swim shower and I’ll tell you that you’re lying.
- Fifteen minutes on a Thursday evening with two of my best friends, laughing over catfish (#NoIDontHaveATwitter) and feeling very complete. For a girl who just wants to be everyone’s friend, you learn quickly how efficiently New York breeds loneliness. To have these two in my corner – especially to remind me that life is not that serious day in & day out – is really just……..swelly. 🙂