“Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness.”
– Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
What an absolutely phenomenal week it has been – that I ended up having to double the number of happiness moments! How fitting for the 10th edition of this really fun series.
- You know those – real life and/or character – celebrity couples we all follow and use them to define ‘true love’ ? Oh c’mon: Freddie Prince Jr. and Sarah Michelle Gellar? Ellen and Portia? Uncle Jesse and Aunt Becky. Well, I’m lucky enough to call a real life fairytale pair two of my best friends, and even luckier to get to spend a weekend with them (mostly eating). Peeks at a wedding dress did not hurt either 🙂
- Two glorious words I never thought I’d say together again post-graduation: CHINA. WINE. An eclectic gathering of friends from all parts of life to celebrate youth over sesame chicken (did anyone order this?), copious amounts of wine, and Cards Against Humanity.
- Seeing the most INCREDIBLE Broadway performance I’ve seen in what feels like years. If you haven’t seen the King & I – please pull out your wallets immediately and grab a seat in the front row (like we did) and let yourself get lost in siam. Kelli & Ken – getting to know you was a pleasure that was absolutely ALL OURS.
- The most low key of Friday nights doing laundry, grilling burgers, and being in the company of my favorite people in all of NYC.
- A Sunday evening jog sparking a week’s worth of runner’s high.
- Running a total of (non-consecutive) 9 miles (+ some change) this week, thanks to the patience, faith, and encouragement from a handful of truly phenomenal people.
- Baking again after a few weekends of running around town. To my mixer, chocolate chip stash, and the oven – I have missed you so!
- A really important phone conversation with my favorite other brother.
- Finalizing mom’s trip out here in a few weeks! Can’t wait for a little eating, volunteering, Brooklyn Bridge-ing and paying respects to 9/11.
- This one deserves a post on its own, but how can the most elated you’ve been all week not make it on the Friday post? The abridged story: background backtrack to January 15th – “I’m definitely a football girl, but during baseball season I root for the A’s without question.” in between favorite music, Entourage, and the Bay vs. ‘Cuse. Fastfoward to a random Tuesday evening with surprise tickets to the A’s versus the Yankees! And what baseball outing is complete without a brand new outfit!? Read: a new shirt, and not one hat, BUT TWO! For listening to me even then; for being thoughtful; for making me the happiest I’ve ever been.