“Like a comet pulled from orbit, as it passes the sun. Like a stream that meets a boulder, halfway through the wood. Who can say, that I’ve been changed for the better? But, because I knew you, I have been changed for good.”
– Elphaba & Glinda
While the upcoming weekend marks the beginning of the end for a few things, this week was also the start to what seems like great things to come. Like celebrating four months of bliss – and knowing that I am forever changed, for good.
- Spent our last morning clutching each other for warmth walking around the reservoir and realizing that it had been the best 60 hours I’ve ever spent with my mom. I think we’ve finally crossed the threshold from parent-child to true friends. I am so unbelievably fortunate to have had her as a role model for my entire life, and even more so to call her my best friend. And to be able to share our weekend with a sprinkle of the most important people in my East Coast family over wine, hummus, and green tea ice cream?? Truly #blessed in every sense.
- Seeing Wicked this weekend just deserves a shoutout on its own. Eight years of hype and buildup to Broadway’s finest definitely did NOT disappoint! And to win those elusive lottery tickets (that Hils and I literally ran downtown everyday for a week to try and win) made the moment even more magical. (Yes, I meant magical.)
- A five minute phone conversation that I’m still smiling about! Is it next weekend, yet!?
- Reuniting with an old friend for wine, whiskey, and girly gossip.
- Sacrificing sleep for a very early Wednesday AM
runjog – and I just continue to celebrate this sunrise.
#spreadlaughter this weekend – thanks Dee!
(Happy Birthday Fran :] )