“The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.”
– Marcel Pagnol
- Thanking every star existing in all the heavens that it is Friday. The weekend could NOT have come sooner. What an impossibly long week – but the silver lining: bonding with the boss(es).
- Celebrating my East Coast dad’s birthday – in other words, gathering the [East Coast] family for a craft brewery tour. Throw in an impromptu visit to a distillery next door (hellllooooo mojito!), pretzels, and Jersey-style fist pumps from the birthday dad himself and you’ve got a party!
- Finding the right dress (that fits) and the right shoes (that don’t seem like they’ll murder my feet) for next weekend. Mirror selfie(s) omitted.
- Kicking off summer with Dee and Mumford & Sons at what MAY be our new favorite venue in NYC. Thanks for having us, Forest Hills. (There’s no telling how much more we would love you if you picked different beer to serve.)
- Reuniting with my little one over tacos in an urbanspace on a gorgeous midweek day! There’s literally nothing to be said, other than remarking on how thankful I am that our paths crossed before we were both forced to grow up. What a gem you are, little pea. This week’s happy moments are dedicated to you – thanks for being my biggest fan.