“I grew up in a utopia, I did. California when I was a child was a child’s paradise, I was healthy, well fed, well clothed, well housed. I went to school and there were libraries with all the world in them and after school I played in orange groves and in Little League and in the band and down at the beach and every day was an adventure. . . . I grew up in utopia..”
– Kim Stanley Robinson,
Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Week 8 | Week 9 | Week 10 | Week 11 | Week 12 | Week 13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | Week 17 | Week 18 | Week 19 | Week 20 | Week 21 | Week 22 | Week 23 | Week 24 | Week 25 | Week 26 | Week 27 | Week 28 | Week 29 | Week 30 | Week 31 | Week 32 | Week 33 | Week 34 | Week 35 | Week 36 | Week 37
Really missing mom, 65 degrees, and that laid-back California lifestyle today.
- Spending last Friday really seeing what my precious golden state looks like. I’ve done the Hwy 1 drive (or part of it) enough times as a kid, but never truly appreciated its natural beauty.
- Being part of a really awesome team and rocking our first presentation together (complete with suga mummies and British crisps)!
- Hiking up to the Hollywood sign for the first time – detours & all!
- Changing our minds about carving a pumpkin in the office and ending up winning 2nd place! We love you, Otto (the chainsmoker)!
- And to piggyback on number one, getting to watch that state beauty ripple past the windows with my most favorite human. From stopping every five minutes to soak it all in, finding the country radio station in the middle of nowhere, stuffing our faces with fish tacos, peeing our pants running to see the sunset (okay, that was me), and experiencing the
beautyshit that is LA traffic – wouldn’t have been nearly as great with anyone else.